Nope! Not me!! I'm not getting married. *giggles*
I was tasked to be the Maid of Honour for Bren's Wedding. Unclear about my duties, so anyone who knows, please advice me!!
As I read off the net, these are what I'm suppose to do. But hers is a Chinese Traditional Wedding, not the ang moh kind, so how??
MOH DUTIES
- Go wedding gown shopping with the bride and be honest when she steps out of the changing room.
- Help select bridesmaid’s dresses, pay for your dress & accessories.
- Call all the bridesmaids when it’s time for shopping and fittings.
- Help address invitations.
- Help wrap and tag guest favours/Bombonniere.
- Host a bridal shower or stagette with other bridesmaids. If one of the mom’s is hosting, lend a hand where needed.
- Address and send shower invitations.
- Take RSVP’s for shower.
- Attend rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Help decorate ceremony and reception locations if necessary.
- Helps the bride get dressed on her wedding day.
- It’s your duty to make sure the bride’s veil and train looks nice before and during the ceremony. The photographer can’t stop taking pictures during this time and he/she can’t go up on the altar to straighten out the bride…only you can. Guests will expect this from you.
- Holds the bride’s bouquet during the ceremony.
- Keeps the groom’s wedding ring until the ring exchange, unless the best man or ring bearer are holding them.
- Stand in the receiving line (optional).
- Will sit to the bride’s right at the reception.
- Signs the marriage certificate as a witness.
- Bustles the bride’s train before reception begins.
- Dance with the best man.
- Help the best man bring the gifts to the bride and groom’s home
- Help with clean up after reception.
Before I start pulling my hair out, I shall find out more about my duties. I want her to have the best marriage of her life. Isn't that every girl's princess dream?
This would also be the prep for my bestie wedding next year. OMG! I'm officially the maid of honour for 3 times. Mum ala old ppl saying, "Don't do so many times ar! Later you cannot get married!" hahaha.. Yes, I'm worried, but I would do anything for my love ones too. :)
